I have decided to start posting about my writing life on this blog as well. As a writer, I have quite an active life – for instance, here is a sample of the activities I participate in outside of blogging and working full-time:
- Member of Grub Street – a wonderful writing organization offering classes and events for writers in Boston; in addition to being a member, I also serve on a committee that puts together writing events to keep members engaged
- Member of a Writing Group called Impetus – this is a four member writing group where we read and critique short writing pieces; we discuss poetry, plays, short stories, essays (I’ve been working on poetry lately)
- Literary Events – New England is a literary locale, and I am constantly attending excellent workshops, conferences, and readings
- Journal – I keep a daily journal in which I write long hand on my musings related to writing and the creative process; I will share content that I think will be helpful to you
- Research – I am constantly conducting research on writing, creativity, art and the like
- Reading – I am always, always, always reading (this is as necessary as air and food for me); books, essays, blog posts, writing magazines, and much more, which I will share in the hopes that you will find the content interesting as well
I will definitely continue to post content related to the Jazz Age; this is my first passion and the reason I started this blog in the first place. Now, I will just be expanding upon this and offering you more to love. I tried creating separate menu items for these categories on my main page, but I did not like the fact that “pages” are static on WordPress (very difficult to add posts to these static pages). If the content will be based on current topics relevant to my writing life, I will label them as “On Writing”, “On Reading”…. you get the picture. If the content will be related to the 1920s, I will continue to post as usual. I attended a lot of festive events this past summer, so you will be seeing quite a few posts over the coming weeks.