Welcome to AdelleCirca1920. I will start by explaining what this name means. Adelle is my middle name. I spent many years despising my middle name because it was old-fashioned – but now, this is precisely why I love it! I discovered that Adelle was a popular name during the 1920s, a period I have been passionate about researching and exploring for some time now. Even though I tend to focus on the 1920s, I also have a special place in my heart for the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s as well. I tend to view most subjects through a nostalgic lens – I am fascinated by the past because of what it can teach us about how to live. Our ancestors have lived the entirety of their lives, and have left behind valuable information on what worked and what didn’t work – to my mind, a priceless gift.
My love of all things vintage has blossomed over time. It started innocently enough with antiquing and now has bloomed into a full blown obsession – I paint vintage images, wear vintage clothes and accessories, and delve into the history behind people, places, and objects from the past. Over the years, through reading countless books, watching tons of movies, and shopping, I have been refining my tastes for all things vintage. I believe that vintage items and content enhance peoples’ lives with beauty, quality, and an appreciation for our shared history.
Through this blog, I hope to inspire people to lead vintage lifestyles in this modern age; lives filled with art, style, fun, simplicity, and entertainment. This is precisely the type of content you will find here – vintage art, information on the best vintage finds, and content on slowing life down to savor it. This site is for vintage lovers who appreciate beautiful imagery and inspiring content.
I thought I would share a few of the vintage things I love most to briefly introduce myself:
- Charm Bracelets – I own a silver one with detailed charms
- Typewriters – I have two
- Classic Literature – “The Great Gatsby” is my favorite book
- Classic Films – too many favorites to name, but I am a sucker for anything starring Audrey Hepburn
- Writing By Hand – notebooks and letters
- Flea Markets – I never met one I didn’t like, but Brimfield is the best one I have been to so far
- Cloche Hats – I own five, and I plan to own many more
- Two Tone Spectator Shoes – all types, I actually get a little flutter in my stomach when I see beautiful versions of these shoes
- Brunch – I could eat it all day everyday
- Dancing – I love salsa dancing the best, but I will participate in any dance
- Jazz – Ella Fitzgerald is a particular favorite
And the rest you’ll have to find out by reading my blog – there are just far too many vintage treasures to fit them on this one page. I hope you enjoy your journey through my vintage wonderland.